Morning Pages

25 Dec 2014

Bali the Island of Gods



"Lets listen to the silence - in nature, in our heart and in God's Love."



It’s almost 1pm in Bali and I am sitting at the weranda in Rishi – beautiful retreat accommodation near Ubud, gazing at the rainy view with lush abundance of Bali flowers and coconut trees growing in the owner local paradise garden. 

It’s a beginning of wet season in Bali. The freshness of the rain awakes my senses and I feel very tranquil and calm. It’s so nice to be able to watch the rain and not get cold at the same time, that’s a privilege of tropical climate in Bali. My body goes through
transformation already as my skin is able to freely breathe again.

Being exposed to more sunshine and gentle wave of humid warmth is making me feel alive again. And it’s been only few days since myself and my fiancé arrived in Bali from UK and we already feel like at home.

No surprised that I decided visit Bali again. This small Indonesian island has powerful magnetic field and despite the distance from Europe it’s been calling me for long long time. I feel very privileged and grateful  that my life path  led me here again to Ubud, where I am discovering myself again, except this time not on my own anymore but with loving partner. They say: Happiness is when shared, and I truly believe in this.




So what makes Ubud so special that makes visitors from all over the world and all walks of life convert into permanent Ubudians...?

Despite being a small village green town in the middle of the island and quite far from commercial touristic beach resorts, Ubud attracts tousands of tourists per year beacuse of its unique spirit and thanks to rich Hindu tradition. Ubud always somehow been a thriving center for alternative medicine, medicinal herbs and healing.


What is so special about Ubud and why I came back?
One of my many passions is art and indigenous crafts. When I first came to Ubud in October 2012 I felt like arriving in the arts and culture Paradise. There is nowhere anywhere in Bali that you will get a chance to visit so many different art shops, galleries, painting workshops. I was overwhelmed but the number of paintings, sculptures that you can explore here. The place has got therefore a special artistic, and almost dear to say hippie vibe as the local expats opened their own designer shops with jewellery, clothing, healthy snacks and arts. As you drive through Ubud, you notice that almost every house offers arts and crafts workshops along with mini stores to sell their goods.I was very keen to learn traditional Balinese detail drawing, so myself and my friend sign g up for the class.  It was held in a small family house turned to the small café and workshops studio. The session was very pleasurable and I soon realised  that Balinese drawing can be a great concentration and meditative tool. I highly recommend these workshops if you can escape your busy travel schedule and try something artistic. Numerous villages around Ubud offer wood and stone carving, batik painting, egg painting and even traditional Balinese dance workshops.

HEALING, YOGA, HEALTH
Being on the pathway to healing  I am searching for better work –health balance. I find that I can bring back that state of bliss and harmony when I am surrounded by beauty, nature and likeminded people. My main reason for coming back to Ubud this year was for healing and health purposes mainly and also a chance for me to find out if working and traveling is possible. Many people come to Ubud passionate about healthy living. You will find here abundance of healing centres, retreats, spas and yoga studios.It’s a perfect place to explore alternative healing. 
To find out more.. follow my blogJ  









No comments:

Post a Comment