Morning Pages

30 Dec 2014

Meeting best herbalist in Angelo store



Few days ago with Martin we visited Angelo store in Ubud, the little shop packed with herbal remedies, raw food and natural skin care.  I had known Angelo – the owner of the shop and well respected local herbalist, since 2012 when I first visited Bali.



Upon meeting Angelo, I reminded myself that I came a long way since then on my personal pathway to healing. I remembered as I become more awake in my life I noticed subtle changes at first in the way I think and feel. I started to love myself more and pay attention to what I eat and what I apply to my skin. I soon learnt that I was surrounded by products that contained lots of chemicals and I decided to commit not to apply any more of them to my body.

As I grew over 150 variety of herbs this year, I become more tuned to their frequencies and healing abilities.  Entering Angelo store brought me back to my connection with all these wonderful plants once again. I was once more guided to work with them and bring healing energy to others. My connection with plants goes beyond the botanical and material layer. I know it when I connect to Aloe vera plant or coconut palm trees here in Bali.

Angelo  includes his whole family into his business enterprise and everybody helps him to manufacture his beautiful products and to serve his clients. When you enter his shop you can feel very loving, positive and carrying energy straight away. And this also is reflected in his products that are truly made with love.




  I had yet again a true insight into Balinese family and culture. It’s so different to western style of living, where each member of family is living their own separate lives. Here multigenerational families live together and go around their daily business as a union. They have their houses organised in one big compound where they eat, celebrate and work together. There is little privacy and there are no secrets. Everybody knows about what others are doing.




NATURAL REMEDIES WORKSHOP WITH ANGELO




















We had a great day discovering the secrets of manufacturing his products and went through a workshop of making your own skin care, healthy drinks and oils. It was magical. We also received special massage from Angelo's brother, who is a local healer, truly lovely guy.


We came back home packed with the remedies and creams we made ourselves at Angelo store ready to apply it to our daily routine here in Bali.

We brought with us:

“Turmeric Jamu “– healing drink made from turmeric, galangal, tamarind, betelnut leave and brown sugar. It’s got antiseptic, antioxidant, antibacterial, blood purifying properties. Brown sugar helps to add more natural sweet flavour to it and it’s very helpful when you suffer from any gastric &digestion problems, it can help with menstruation pain too.






“Balinese Lily Body Exfoliant” – Body scrub made from ginger, galangal, rice, coriander, clove. Once applied onto part of your body it helps with all kinds of pains and aches, rheumatism, arthiritis. It’s got antibacterial, exfoliating, , calming qualities and help to ease anxiety.

“Balinese massage oil” – made from Balinese Spices, aromatic bali flowers and leaves and Coconut Oil. It’s very smooth, moisturizing, calming, balancing and it can act as aphrodisiac. Again helps with aches and pains and arthritis.

“Fresh facial and body mask” – made from Aloe vera, Wild Yam and Avocado. It smoothing, moisturizing, cooling, refreshing. It packed with vitamins and nutrients and acts as skin tonic as well.

“Hair Tonic Oil”- made from candlenut, coconut oil and tropical herbs. It’s got amasing nutty smell and it acts as natural hair conditioner.



Angelo and his family work in his shop tirelessly from 9am – 9pm and whenever I ask them if they are tired, they say : “not at all, we have our family together and love gives us energy… “
I feel privileged and lucky to have found Angelo and connected with his products with pure living energy embedded in them.

To find out more about his products that we now sell in UK check www.angelostore.co.uk
 or visit Angelo in Ubud  www.rawfoodbali.com/resources/specialty-stores/angelo-store/


Our new range of products that we worked on together coming soon…






No comments:

Post a Comment